Monday, November 21, 2011

top three [warning] signs’ list about postmenopausal women


Janet Crouch from Wilsonville, OR writes:
“It was late last year [2010] when I was hanging out at my mom's house with my kids, and while using the bathroom, noticed that my mom had feminine pads on her bathroom counter. Knowing that my mom, Connie, now 58, was postmenopausal, I asked her what she had them for. She casually told me that she was having some vaginal spotting and needed them for that. I didn't think much of it. ... Well, a few days later, I … turned on The Dr. Oz Show. … And it was the most amazing timing. Dr. Oz was doing a ‘top three [warning] signs’ list about postmenopausal women. … One [of the warning signs] was about bleeding after menopause, and how you needed to see your doctor right away. Well, I, of course, shared that with my mom. … To make a long story short, she was diagnosed with uterine cancer. The good news was that it had not spread and was completely removed with a full hysterectomy. My mom is cancer-free and doing fabulous all because of Dr. Oz's show. Of course, I do think there was a bit of divine intervention going on, but I just wanted to [give] my deepest thank you to Dr. Oz and the show for doing what you do every day!”

No comments:

Post a Comment